Thursday, March 21, 2013

Something I Had to Say......

   She feels heavy pressure every time she looks in the mirror. She feels that she's not pretty enough, so she puts on more make-up than she does clothes. She feels that she's "fat", so she goes on the diet which requires no eating. She wants to be in love like everyone else around her, so she hooks up with just any guy. She gives him sex & h*** because that's what the kids do when they're in love, right? Now, she has all the bragging rights & can tell all of her "friends" what she has done, but when she gets home its a different story.
   No one knows how broken she is inside. Nobody knows how bad she is hurting because that same guy she just had sex with is cheating on her with another girl. No one knows that she is suicidal because every time she gets on Instagram or Facebook, some idiot calls her ugly & a slut. What are we doing? WHAT ARE WE DOING!?
Girls are on their last string trying to fit in & nobody is reaching out to say positive things or expose us to more positive things! All people do is judge, judge, JUDGE to the point that no girl wants to speak up! I remember when that was me, doing things with my "boyfriend"  because I wanted to be just like everyone else. I was hurting! Hurting so much to the point where I wanted out because I felt like God didn't love me & if I told my parents, they would judge me & be disappointed in me....I wanted to die....
   I write all this to let you girls know that you are beautiful no matter what "they" say! & who are "they" to tell you who you are when they didn't make you! God created you in His very own image, so BAM! It's time out for all of this trying to fit in stuff and you know you're not satisfied! The only way you're gonna find real love & be content with yourself is when you find out who you are in GOD!! He's the only way you're gonna make it through this life. You are beautiful. You are smart. You are intelligent. You are special because there is only ONE you in this world. You don't have to idolize Beyonce or Rihanna because that's not who you are!!! Be yourself & seek God for confidence! You're not a bad b****, you're a child of GOD!! God hears your cry & He wants to help you, so allow Him! Hear me out...

I may be young, but God is using me to help you. I'm here for prayers and if you need someone to talk to.
-Jamilya

2 comments:

  1. Your blog post totally just brightened my day! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glory to God, Nora! Your comment came at the right time. It encouraged me to keep going! Thank you :)

      Delete