Saturday, February 21, 2015

Never Too Young.

   "Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity." (1 Timothy 4:12)
    Last night, I sung at a Black Achievers' Banquet in my hometown. When I arrived, a lady asked me to sit at kid's table. In my mind I was thinking, "I'm grown. I am not a kid.", but I was obedient & sat there anyway. It was a table full of 14/15 year old girls & I couldn't understand why I was at that table! Ha, long story short, my music decided not to work, so I just started singing a worship song to the Lord. Once I finished, I walked back to the table & watched their faces. It was hilarious, but I knew God was working. Through song I was able to show them that I had a relationship with Christ even at a young age. 
13 year old me
    I became saved at a very young age. I always loved the Lord, but I always wanted to fit in with everyone else. So, I cursed, listened to garbage, & tried to do the same things everyone else did. I had a desire to do right & to live unashamed at 13. Between 13-16, I had a closer relationship with God, but I still did things to fit in.
16 year old me

    At 16, I went through a pivotal moment in my life. I lost myself & my relationship with God. I became depressed & was in a broken place. After going to church & hearing my pastor preach, I realized that Jesus was the only one that could fix my brokenness. As I drew closer to Him, He drew close to me. I learned a lot in my desert & that's when I decided I was going to ride with Jesus to the end.

   I am now 20. It has been a bumpy road, but God's grace & love has captured me. I'm determined to live for Christ for the rest of my life. It is my purpose to show you young ladies that you can serve God at a young age & become His. You're never too young to live for Christ! A lot of people in the Bible that God used were young! For example, Mary was a young virgin when God chose her to be the carrier & mother of His son. 

    God desires to have a relationship with you even if you're 13! He wants to show you what He can do for you. He wants to show you His unconditional love. He really does love you. So I challenge you, make that decision just like I did to follow Jesus. Yes, you're going to have hard times, but Jesus will be with you every step of the way. The choice is yours, today. What way will you chose?

Lord, I thank You for every young person reading this. I thank You that you have kept them & extended your grace even when they didn't realize it. I pray that she will realize that without You, she is nothing. I pray that soon she'll realize that it is only You that can give her the love that she desires. It is You that can give her the peace that she needs. It is You that will shield her & protect her from all evil & harm. Lord, I pray that if she hasn't, she will surrender her life to you. If she has, I pray that you will continue to keep her. I pray that every heart is willing to invite You in & let You transform them. We love You. We praise You. In Jesus' name. Amen.

-Jamilya

No comments:

Post a Comment