Saturday, October 22, 2016

No Need to be Searchin'


"I'm done looking for my future someone. Cause when the time is right you'll be here..."

I have heard Dear No One by Tori Kelly a thousand times before, but for some particular reason, the song really hit me this day. At the end she said, "No need to be searchin'".

No need to be searchin'.

That one line pierced my heart. In that moment, I told God that I wouldn’t search for my future husband, but that I would trust the process. I haven't always trusted the process. There's been times where I've been lonely. Times where its like, "Okay God, why isn't any guy approaching me yet", and instead of waiting on Him, I took matters in my own hands. The enemy really had me believing that there was something wrong with me and waiting was just not worth it anymore! By not waiting, I faced a lot of hurt & pain that could have easily been avoided.

We have to be careful. Just because you're single does not mean there is something wrong with you. It simply means that God is saving you for His best & His best is worth waiting for! We have to know who we are & whose we are. Never settle or compromise because it seems like everyone around you is in a "happy" relationship. Never settle or compromise because you feel the urge to have sex. The enemy will dress up things & have you thinking that it's from God.

Newsflash: if it's not bringing you closer to God, it's not from Him!

The Bible says in Proverbs 18:22, "He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord". He who finds a wife. HE who finds a wife. Why are we searching in the first place, when the Word of God specifically tells us that it is not our place as women to search for our future spouse? What you looking for?! A lot of times we're so busy searching that we aren't preparing ourselves to be found. We're jumping from guy to guy hoping to find happiness, but end up finding bitterness and pain.

We have to be patient & allow God to be enough for us. The Lord is showing me that He knows exactly what I need, & in this season, He's just that. Ladies, we don't need a man, we need deeper fellowship with Christ. We don't need to be worried about if a guy loves us or not, we need to know & rely on the love of Christ.

One of my favorite scriptures from the Apostle Paul says, "An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: her aim is to be devoted to God in both body and spirit" (1 Corinthians 7:34).

Heart check: As single Christian women, are we concerned about the Lord's affairs, or are we just seeking after God to be married?

Are we really devoted to God, or are we more caught up in the idea of being married? I challenge us to stop worrying about when our husband is coming & really be concerned about the Lord's affairs. I believe that God desires to do amazing things for so many of us, but we can't see it because we're too busy searching for "Boaz". We have to diligently search for God the way we are searching for our future husband. Seek ye first the kingdom of God! If it is in God's will, your husband will come when the time is right, but for now, be devoted to the one who loves you the most.

So, I encourage us to stop focusing & searching for our future spouses. May we be embrace our singleness & use this time to glorify God. May be trust that He knows what's best for us & His ways are better than ours.

Grace & Peace,

No comments:

Post a Comment