Friday, March 18, 2016

Where Have I Been?

   "She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said." (Luke 10:39)

    Hey friends! I realize that I have been M.I.A. for quite some time now. Don't worry, I'm still alive & I haven't forgotten about Be His Girl! So, what have I been up to.......


   I have been at the feet of Jesus. I realized that I needed so much more of Him & I was willing to unplug from social media, blogging, and bad relationships/friendships to get what I needed. I must say that these past few months have been challenging, but I have seen Jesus move in my life like never before. The intimacy with Him has been at a deeper level & it has been so refreshing. 


"But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, 'Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!'" (Luke 10:40)

    Many times we find ourselves in places where we need help. Our lives start spinning out of control, or we just feel hopeless. We need alone time with God, but instead of running to Him, we run to Facebook and scroll until our fingers get tired. We run to another guy hoping that he will love us better than the last guy. We run to the mall hoping to preoccupy our minds so that we're not focused on the real issue. We run to all of these things when we KNOW that they won't fill us! We'll wait until we reach the last straw before we run to God. 

“Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”(Luke 10:41-42)

    Know that in Christ is everything you need. Stop going to other things first & run to Him. Martha was so busy with everything that she totally missed her moment with Christ. She wasn't willing to glean from the one she was preparing for and He was right there!  Her sister knew that those other things were pointless because her right before her was everything that she needed. She wanted to embrace Jesus while she could. That's where our hearts should be. We should do whatever we can to hear from the Father while we still have a chance.

    If God is tugging on your heart to spend more alone time with Him, do it. If you are feeling empty & you need more, go to the Well that is never ending! Run to the Father & sit at His feet. Listen to what He is saying. Cast all of your cares upon Him. Allow Him to speak & heal you every where you hurt. Be like Mary & receive what God has for you. He's tired of seeing you down. He's tired of seeing you on "E". He wants to fill you, but you have to be willing to stop & choose Him.
  
    Can't wait for all that God has in store for this year. I've been writing, so I will definitely be back soon. Love you all!

 

2 comments:

  1. Refreshing to see another young person seeking the face of God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Refreshing to see another young person seeking the face of God.

    ReplyDelete