Saturday, June 25, 2016

Break the Silence | Time with GOD

"O come, let us sing unto the Lord: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation." (Psalm 95:1)
  
I felt the Lord leading me to read Psalm 95 during Quiet Time, but something just didn't feel right. I read this so many times before & I felt like it was a mistake. I had such a hard time focusing & I just wanted to just give up. I began to pray, "Lord, why is this so hard? Why am I struggling to focus?" I sat silently hoping to hear from Him. He then said, "Open your mouth". I took a deep breath and started exalting Him.

"Lord, you are the King of Kings. You are Holy..." 

As I started saying these things, I couldn't stop & my mind was instantly focused on the Lord. All I had to do was open my mouth. Once I finished, He began to direct me back to verse one and two of Psalm 95.

"Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto Him with psalms." (Psalm 95:2)

He began to tell me that was what He wanted all along. He just wanted to hear from me. He didn't want just a quick prayer, or for me to just sit in silence, but He wanted me to come before His presence with thanksgiving. He desires that of you as well! When you come before the Lord, acknowledge His presence by sending a praise from your lips. It doesn't necessarily have to be a song, but you can just proclaim His goodness through words. When you declare who He is, you're letting your problems & the enemy know who is in control.

The devil tries so hard to keep us silent. He hates when we offer praise unto the Lord! Some of us have been letting the enemy keep us silent when the Lord has been waiting to hear from us. The devil knows that there is power in your tongue! He knows that if you keep calling on Jesus things will change in your life!

I know in Psalm 95:1 says "sing", and some of you may not feel that God doesn't want to hear you because you don't sound like Tasha Cobbs or William McDowell, but that's a lie from the enemy! God does not care how you sound, just as long as it is from a sincere & pure heart.

So, the next time you go to spend time with God, open your mouth & give Him praise! He loves when you talk to Him. Don't allow the enemy to keep you silent & from the presence of God. There is power in your praise & the enemy knows that! Break the silence & release your praise. In your praise, there is life. In your praise, there is breakthrough. In your praise, there is healing. God is waiting to hear from you. Will you break the silence?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment