Saturday, July 26, 2014

In My Ears...♫

We all listen to music daily. Music has the ability to change how you respond to issues, and it has the power to change how you feel. There's a song for every emotion that you could possibly feel. Before I took my relationship with Christ seriously, the majority of the music on my iPod was sad break-up songs & cheesy love songs. I bet you could guess of what was always on my mind: relationships & boys. I had Gospel music on there for sure, but I listened to it occasionally after Sundays.
When my relationship with Christ became my first priority, my playlists HAD to change! I realized how much music can have a control over you. One song will have you mad over a situation that you let go months ago!
Now that I'm a Christ representer, my music represents Him. I've decided to give you all a list of people that you can find me jammin' to. Trust me, my music is not like that boring music that they sing at your grandmother's church. Not all Christians songs have the same sound, but they have the same positive message about the saving love of our beautiful Savior 

1) Jonathan McReynolds 
 He's so refreshing & he's only in his early twenties. You can tell he loves Christ for real! His album "Life Music" is out right now in stores. 

2) Andy Mineo
This guy.....his lyrics, his style. He brings Jesus in a way that many young people would never expect! His gift is amazing.

3) The Walls Group
 
These four brothers & sisters are such a great representation of our generation! Their EP is out now!

4) Mali Music 
 
Mali has more of an R&B feel, but he definitely loves the Lord. His new album "Mali Is.." is incredible!

5) Lecrae 
For all of my rap fans! This is my JAM! lol I bump this like everyday. His mixtape "Church Clothes 2" is out now! He's also coming out with a new album soon! 

6) Jamie Grace



Sweet melodies. Positive message. Different sound. I love me some Jamie Grace!

I find it hilarious when people get in the car with me & say "this is about Jesus?" The majority of the music that I listen to is about Him! You won't EVER catch me listening to that garbage that promotes drugs, money & sex, or that degrades me as a woman. No way! Now, sometimes I listen to India.Arie, Candice Glover, Whitney Houston and Brandy, but it's very rare. I listen to music that will empower me & help me think positive thoughts. You have to be careful about what you let in your ears, especially if you're living or you want to live for Christ!

So, what are some things you're letting in your ears? If Jesus put on your headphones, would He be pleased with what He's hearing?

Jamilya.

No comments:

Post a Comment