Friday, July 18, 2014

Private Moments.

   Late nights. A time when everyone is sleep, except for me. Tucked away in my room, I was having a private moment with him. You might have heard people call it "caking", but for me, it was more than that. These were the times when I felt as if it was just us. In these moments, he would tell me how beautiful I was. We would exchange sweet words like "I miss you", or "I love you". It was those words that hooked me & reeled me in. Every word sparked a feeling in me that I could not control. It was almost like I could feel him, but he was never physically next to me...

   The fire moved & so did hands. Masturbation & lust. Before I knew it, I was trapped in this world of sin & the only way out was *click*...the phone died every single time. With each dying of the phone, a little part of me died also. When I would return back to my senses I would immediately feel dirty & far away from God, but I wasn't doing anything to change it. It occurred so often that I was starting to get comfortable with these private moments.

But He wasn't comfortable.

   He loved me enough to snatch me out & make those private moments not so private. I was looking for a love that would complete me, but I ran into lust on my journey. Too blinded by what society said was love, I tried to get back to him, but He wouldn't let me. He pulled me back every time & said "no" because He had something greater.  

His deep love caused me to exchange my private moments with him for private moments with Him.
   That Him that I'm talking about is Jesus Christ. With Him, I enter this peaceful place that is lasting. In these moments, He heals me & gives me the courage to share things like this with you. Never do I have to doubt His words. His words never leave me empty, but they make me whole. He sustains me. He restores me. He completes me, not him. 

   I'm not being vulnerable because I want my business out on center stage, but because I know that God can change your life too. His grace is enough to sustain you & heal you from your bad habits. Your habit may be different from mine, but I know that there is nothing that God can't do. He can save you if you just repent of your sins. He ready to change you. He longs for those private moments with you. He desires for you to know Him better. He's ready to show you true love. Are you ready to exchange?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment